Councillor Phil Stone
Phil is a Tone Internal Drainage Board, North Curry Parish Council (as an independent and also as Vice Chair) and North Curry Sports Ltd. He is Chair of the Liberal Democrat Councillor Group. His interests include:
- Sports facilities
- Environmental issues, particularly Climate change, countryside management, trees, Woodland establishment and management.
- Planning issues generally and particularly in rural areas
- Housing provision (previously Chair of Taunton Deane's Housing committee for 10 years when the Lib Dems ran the Council)
- Democratic change in the UK, particularly the desperate need for proportional representation
- Regular attendance at Parish council meetings in his Ward to assist with local issues wherever possible